Volunteers are essential to helping Oakvillegreen achieve our mission of preserving nature where we live!
There are as many opportunities to volunteer with our organization as there are good ideas and interested volunteers.
Please complete our volunteer application form so that we may contact you to discuss opportunities.
Oakvillegreen is currently seeking a volunteer Garage Sale Event Coordinator. More details here: Garage Sale Event Coordinator Role Description
Passionate about the environment and love chatting with people? We are looking for community outreach volunteers! Oakvillegreen will be at a number of festivals and events throughout the summer, running mini planting workshops and eco-activities and we need your help! Please complete our volunteer application form above and check off ‘Event Coordination & Outreach Team‘ and we will be in touch.
To discuss or apply for these positions please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a note letting us know about your qualifications and why you are interested in either of these volunteer positions.
Here are some examples of other volunteer opportunities:
- assisting with our community tree plantings (everything from planning and preparation to digging in!)
- contributing to our environmental education programs (design, delivery and everything in between)
- assisting with schoolyard naturalization and corporate greening initiatives
- events coordination and promotion (we host an annual garage sale and a spring native plant sale)
- article writing and advocacy research
By volunteering, you can:
- share your skills to make a difference
- explore your passion for nature and the environment
- learn new skills and gain hands-on experience
- get outside, be active and have fun working in nature
- help make Oakville a healthier and more sustainable community
Oakvillegreen strives to offer rewarding volunteer experiences and opportunities for volunteers to learn from our staff while sharing their skills and contributions, whatever these may be!