Volunteers are essential to helping Oakvillegreen achieve our mission of preserving nature where we live!
There are as many opportunities to volunteer with our organization as there are good ideas and interested volunteers.
Please complete our volunteer application form so that we may contact you to discuss opportunities.
President: With assisstance of the Board, the Executive leadership role, will supervise the Executive Director and staff reporting to that individual. The new leader will also be active in networking with government and businesses in Oakville. OCA is Oakville’s largest residents association, collaborating with 17 different resident associations on environmental and planning issues. We are looking for an individual who has shown a long-term commitment to protecting and enhancing the environment. Interested persons should be residents of Oakville, and have strong group leadership experience in their professional or volunteer backgrounds. We are looking for someone who is collaborative, can bring passion and dedication to the role, and who can inspire others across our community to make it a better place. Read more about this position here.
Event Coordination & Outreach Team: Passionate about the environment and love chatting with people? We are looking for community outreach volunteers! Oakvillegreen will be at a number of festivals and events throughout 2018, running mini planting workshops and eco-activities, and we need your help! Please complete our volunteer application form above and check off ‘Event Coordination & Outreach Team’ and we will be in touch.
Here are some examples of other volunteer opportunities:
- Assisting with our community tree plantings (everything from planning and preparation to digging in!)
- Contributing to our environmental education programs (design, delivery and everything in between)
- Assisting with schoolyard naturalization and corporate greening initiatives
- Events coordination and promotion (we host a spring native plant sale)
- Article writing and advocacy research
By volunteering, you can:
- share your skills to make a difference
- explore your passion for nature and the environment
- learn new skills and gain hands-on experience
- get outside, be active and have fun working in nature
- help make Oakville a healthier and more sustainable community
Oakvillegreen strives to offer rewarding volunteer experiences and opportunities for volunteers to learn from our staff while sharing their skills and contributions, whatever these may be!