HEY STUDENTS! We are hiring! Gain some hands-on community greening and environmental outreach experience and help our pollinator program grow.
This year we hiring an Environmental Stewardship Outreach Assistant student intern (pending Canada Summer Jobs funding).
Overview of Position
The student will support Oakvillegreen’s nature restoration, environmental education and outreach activities, and the development of a new pollinator patch garden.
- undertaking post-secondary education in a relevant field
- a passion for Oakville environmental conservation
- excellent written and oral communication skills
- proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, Google Docs/Forms, social media tools
- ability to perform stewardship activities in the field involving lifting, bending, digging, often in inclement weather
- willingness to work evenings and weekends
- driver’s license and access to a car is an asset
- experience in environmental education, event planning and working with volunteers is an asset
To be eligible, the student must be:
– between the ages of 15-30 years old,
– in school full-time and returning to school in September,
– a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and,
– legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
This is a 14 week paid intern position (35 hours per week at $14/hour) commencing on or around May 5th, 2018 (pending final funding agreement). Evenings and weekends are required.
Please send a cover letter outlining your qualifications and eligibility, and a resume via email to email@example.com by 5pm, April 26th, 2018.