We are hiring! Oakvillegreen is currently accepting applications for the Environmental Stewardship Outreach Assistant.
Gain some hands-on community greening and environmental outreach experience and help our programs grow.
Overview of Position
The summer student will support Oakvillegreen’s ongoing nature restoration, environmental education and outreach activities. Specialized work includes development of rain garden and water conservation activities and outreach materials. Will be expected to recruit, train and guide community members to become volunteer environmental stewards.
- undertaking post-secondary education in a relevant field
- a passion for Oakville environmental conservation
- excellent written and oral communication skills
- proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, Google Docs/Forms, social media tools
- ability to perform stewardship activities in the field involving lifting, bending, digging, often in inclement weather
- willingness to work evenings and weekends
- driver’s license and access to a car is an asset
- experience in environmental education, event planning and working with volunteers is an asset
To be eligible, the student must be:
– between the ages of 15-30 years old,
– in school full-time and returning to school in September,
– a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and,
– legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
This is a 14 week paid intern position commencing on or around May 6th, 2019. Evenings and weekends are required.
Please send a cover letter outlining your qualifications and eligibility, and a resume via email to email@example.com by 5pm, April 26th, 2019.