Oakvillegreen is currently accepting applications for one Environmental Stewardship Outreach Assistant student intern.
To be eligible, the student must be:
- between the ages of 15-30 years old,
- in school full-time and returning to school in September,
- a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and,
- legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
Our ability to hire a student is dependent on successful receipt of Canada Summer Jobs funding.
Overview of Position
The student will gain career-related experience while supporting Oakvillegreen’s nature restoration, environmental education and outreach activities and developing a community tree planting campaign to celebrate Canada’s 150th anniversary of confederation.
- undertaking post-secondary education in a relevant field
- a passion for Oakville environmental conservation
- excellent written and oral communication skills
- proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, Google Docs/Forms, social media tools
- ability to perform stewardship activities in the field involving lifting, bending, digging, often in inclement weather
- willingness to work evenings and weekends
- driver’s license and access to a car is an asset
- experience in environmental education, event planning and working with volunteers is an asset
This is a 15 week paid intern position (30 hours per week at $11.40/hour) commencing on or around April 24th, 2017 (pending final funding agreement). Evenings and weekends are required. Please send resume and cover letter to: ed[at]oakvillegreen.org