Join us as we plant native trees and plants in parks and natural areas throughout Oakville. Planting trees is a fun way to get outdoors for families and individuals of all ages. Bring the family or come as a group and experience the pride in planting trees together to give our urban forest a boost!
We have plenty of great tree planting and stewardship events lined up for Spring 2018:
April 21st: Arbourview Park – Earth Day Cleanup
May 5th: Arbourview Park – Invasive Species Removal
May 26th: Valleyridge Park – Tree Planting
June 9th: Clearview Park – Tree Planting
June 16th: Arbourview Park – Tree Planting
Please let us know you’re coming – register for some or all of these events HERE.
Here are some tips to have a great tree planting experience:
- Please be prompt – we’ll teach you how to plant trees at the beginning of the event.
- Come dressed for the weather and working in the dirt. We plant rain or shine! If it is sunny don’t forget sunscreen or a brimmed hat.
- Wear sturdy shoes – no sandals or flip-flops! We will have gloves on hand, but bring your favourite pair (labeled) if you like.
- Bring water in a reusable bottle.
- Bring a shovel (labeled) if you have one, but we have many to lend you if you don’t.
- Secondary students can earn volunteer hours at our events. Don’t forget your forms!
- Consider walking, cycling, carpooling, or taking the bus to our events.
- Watch our quick how to video and learn how to plant a tree!
Thank you to the Town of Oakville, the Ontario Trillium Foundation and the Oakville Community Foundation for supporting our tree planting initiatives.
Please contact Giuliana at ED@oakvillegreen.org to discuss opportunities for your group or business to help us dig in!
PHOTOS FROM PAST TREE PLANTING EVENTS: