Our Next Tree Planting Date:
Millstone Park, 2395 Pine Glen Road
June 17, 2017 – 10am-12noon
- Meeting point is at Millstone Park off of Pine Glen Rd.
- This is a rain or shine event so please dress for the weather.
- Bring a reusable water bottle.
- Tools and gloves will be provided but please feel free to bring your own.
- An Oakvillegreen event in partnership with the Town of Oakville.
Join us as we plant native trees and plants this year in parks and natural areas throughout Oakville. Planting trees is a fun way to get outdoors for families and individuals of all ages. Bring the family or come as a group and experience the pride in planting trees together to give our urban forest a boost!
Stay tuned for more events, including Canada 150 tree plantings.
Here are some tips to have a great tree planting experience:
- Please register by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please be prompt – we’ll teach you how to plant trees at the beginning of the event.
- Come dressed for the weather and working in the dirt. We plant rain or shine! If it is sunny don’t forget sunscreen or a brimmed hat.
- Wear sturdy shoes – no sandals or flip-flops! We will have gloves on hand, but bring your favourite pair (labeled) if you like.
- Bring water in a reusable bottle.
- Bring a shovel (labeled) if you have one, but we have many to lend you if you don’t.
- Secondary students can earn volunteer hours at our events. Don’t forget your forms!
- Consider walking, cycling, carpooling, or taking the bus to our events.
- Watch our quick how to video and learn how to plant a tree!
Thank you to the Town of Oakville, the Ontario Trillium Foundation and the Oakville Community Foundation for supporting our tree planting initiatives.
PHOTOS FROM PAST TREE PLANTING EVENTS:
Please contact Giuliana at ED@oakvillegreen.org to discuss opportunities for your group or business to help us dig in!