In Fall 2017, we held successful tree planting events at Nautical Park and Valleyridge Park. You can read about our Nautical Park tree planting event here.
Thanks to all who came out to our 2017 tree planting events – with your help, we planted over 2000 trees and shrubs this year!
Stay tuned for news about our Spring 2018 plans.
Join us as we plant native trees and plants in parks and natural areas throughout Oakville. Planting trees is a fun way to get outdoors for families and individuals of all ages. Bring the family or come as a group and experience the pride in planting trees together to give our urban forest a boost!
Here are some tips to have a great tree planting experience:
- Please register via this link or by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please be prompt – we’ll teach you how to plant trees at the beginning of the event.
- Come dressed for the weather and working in the dirt. We plant rain or shine! If it is sunny don’t forget sunscreen or a brimmed hat.
- Wear sturdy shoes – no sandals or flip-flops! We will have gloves on hand, but bring your favourite pair (labeled) if you like.
- Bring water in a reusable bottle.
- Bring a shovel (labeled) if you have one, but we have many to lend you if you don’t.
- Secondary students can earn volunteer hours at our events. Don’t forget your forms!
- Consider walking, cycling, carpooling, or taking the bus to our events.
- Watch our quick how to video and learn how to plant a tree!
Thank you to the Town of Oakville, the Ontario Trillium Foundation and the Oakville Community Foundation for supporting our tree planting initiatives.
Please contact Giuliana at ED@oakvillegreen.org to discuss opportunities for your group or business to help us dig in!
PHOTOS FROM PAST TREE PLANTING EVENTS: