LET’S CELEBRATE EARTH DAY!! – Oakvillegreen is back at Peele Woods trail for spring
Last fall Oakvillegreen in partnership with the Oakville Horticultural Society and the Town of Oakville, worked hard on removing some of the invasive buckthorn at Pelee Woods trail. This year we are back in this area of natural beauty. We will be planting 300 native trees and shrubs and we need YOUR HELP!
Come and join us to celebrate Earth Day at Peele Woods Park.
- April 22, 2017 – 1 to 3pm.
- Meeting point River Oaks Blvd. at the play structure adjacent to Pelee Woods.
- This is a rain or shine event so please dress for the weather.
- Bring a reusable water bottle.
- Tools and gloves will be provided but please feel free to bring your own.
- To sign up and get more info email email@example.com
An Oakvillegreen event in partnership with the Town of Oakville.
Join us as we plant native trees and plants this year in parks and natural areas throughout Oakville. Planting trees is a fun way to get outdoors for families and individuals of all ages. Bring the family or come as a group and experience the pride in planting trees together to give our urban forest a boost!
Stay tuned for more spring events, including Canada 150 tree plantings.
Here are some tips to have a great tree planting experience:
- Please register by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please be prompt – we’ll teach you how to plant trees at the beginning of the event.
- Come dressed for the weather and working in the dirt. We plant rain or shine! If it is sunny don’t forget sunscreen or a brimmed hat.
- Wear sturdy shoes – no sandals or flip-flops! We will have gloves on hand, but bring your favourite pair (labeled) if you like.
- Bring water in a reusable bottle.
- Bring a shovel (labeled) if you have one, but we have many to lend you if you don’t.
- Secondary students can earn volunteer hours at our events. Don’t forget your forms!
- Consider walking, cycling, carpooling, or taking the bus to our events.
- Watch our quick how to video and learn how to plant a tree!
Thank you to the Town of Oakville, the Ontario Trillium Foundation and the Oakville Community Foundation for supporting our tree planting initiatives.
PHOTOS FROM PAST TREE PLANTING EVENTS:
Please contact Giuliana at ED@oakvillegreen.org to discuss opportunities for your group or business to help us dig in!