- This event has passed.
Woodgate Woods Tree Care Day
July 7, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Help us care for young trees at Woodgate Woods! We’ve planted lots of trees here in the past and its time to give them some fresh mulch for an extra boost! Bring your family and friends! Street parking is available along Woodgate Drive.
This event counts for high school volunteer hours – remember to bring your form for us to sign.
Please register at THIS LINK to let us know you’re coming.
Here are some tips to ensure you have a great stewardship experience:
- Please be prompt – we’ll teach you how to mulch properly at the beginning of the event.
- Come dressed for the weather and working in the dirt. We work rain or shine! If it is sunny don’t forget sunscreen or a brimmed hat. We recommend long pants, as some areas have high weeds (including thistles!).
- Wear sturdy shoes – no sandals or flip-flops! We will have gloves on hand, but bring your favourite pair (labeled) if you like.
- Bring water in a reusable bottle.
- Secondary students can earn volunteer hours at our events. Don’t forget your forms!
- Consider walking, cycling, carpooling, or taking the bus to our events.