- This event has passed.
Valleyridge Park Tree Care Day
August 11, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Help us care for young trees at Valleyridge Park! We’ll do some monitoring of trees we’ve planted in the past and show them some love by giving them a fresh ring of mulch!
Bring your family and friends – all are welcome! High school students will earn volunteer hours – don’t forget your forms!
Please register at THIS LINK to let us know you’re coming.
Here are some tips to ensure you have a great stewardship experience:
- Please be prompt – we’ll teach you how to mulch properly at the beginning of the event.
- Come dressed for the weather and working in the dirt. We work rain or shine! If it is sunny don’t forget sunscreen or a brimmed hat. We recommend long pants, as some areas have high weeds (including thistles!).
- Wear sturdy shoes – no sandals or flip-flops! We will have gloves on hand, but bring your favourite pair (labeled) if you like.
- Bring water in a reusable bottle.
- Secondary students can earn volunteer hours at our events. Don’t forget your forms!
- Consider walking, cycling, carpooling, or taking the bus to our events.