OCAYS Invasive Species Removal
September 29 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Invasive species reduce biodiversity and make it harder for native species to thrive.
Oakville’s Urban Forests need your help! Join us on Saturday, September 29th to remove invasive species. Let’s tackle garlic mustard and buckthorn. Register here.
Bring the family and join us in removing those nasty invasives !
Here are some tips to have a great stewardship experience:
- Please be prompt – we’ll teach you how to identify and remove invasive species at the beginning of the event.
- Come dressed for the weather and working in the dirt. We work rain or shine! If it is sunny don’t forget sunscreen or a brimmed hat.
- Wear sturdy shoes – no sandals or flip-flops! We will have gloves on hand, but bring your favourite pair (labeled) if you like.
- Bring water in a reusable bottle.
- Secondary students can earn volunteer hours at our events. Don’t forget your forms!
- Consider walking, cycling, carpooling, or taking the bus to our events.
Thank you to the Town of Oakville for supporting this stewardship initiative.