Millstone Park Tree Care Day
July 28 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join us to care for young trees at Millstone Park! We’ll be mulching trees that we’ve planted in previous years to give them a boost and show them some love! We’ll also be monitoring them to see how they’ve grown and assess their health.
Bring your family and friends – all are welcome! If you’re a high school student, remember to bring your volunteer form to earn your hours!
We HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you wear long pants for this event. The area contains thistles and other weeds which can scratch bare legs.
Please register at THIS LINK to let us know you’re coming.
Here are some tips to ensure you have a great stewardship experience:
- Please be prompt – we’ll teach you how to mulch properly at the beginning of the event.
- Come dressed for the weather and working in the dirt. We work rain or shine! If it is sunny don’t forget sunscreen or a brimmed hat. We recommend long pants, as some areas have high weeds (including thistles!).
- Wear sturdy shoes – no sandals or flip-flops! We will have gloves on hand, but bring your favourite pair (labeled) if you like.
- Bring water in a reusable bottle.
- Secondary students can earn volunteer hours at our events. Don’t forget your forms!
- Consider walking, cycling, carpooling, or taking the bus to our events.