Community Tree Planting Event at Pelee Woods
October 13 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Join us for this family-friendly event to plant trees at Pelee Woods and enhance biodiversity in this beautiful green space. All are welcome and students can earn volunteer hours! For more information, contact Anelia at: email@example.com
Please REGISTER HERE to let us know you are coming!
Here are some tips to have a great tree planting experience:
- Please be prompt – we’ll teach you how to plant trees at the beginning of the event.
- Come dressed for the weather and working in the dirt. We plant rain or shine! If it is sunny don’t forget sunscreen or a brimmed hat.
- Wear sturdy shoes – no sandals or flip-flops! We will have gloves on hand, but bring your favourite pair (labeled) if you like.
- Bring water in a reusable bottle.
- Bring a shovel (labeled) if you have one, but we have many to lend you if you don’t.
- Secondary students can earn volunteer hours at our events. Don’t forget your forms!
- Consider walking, cycling, carpooling, or taking the bus to our events.
- Watch our quick how to video and learn how to plant a tree!
Thank you to the Town of Oakville for supporting this community tree planting initiatives.