Community Tree Planting at Arbourview Park
June 16 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
We’ve picked up litter, we’ve removed invasive species and now it’s time to PLANT TREES!
Join us for this family-friendly event to plant native trees and shrubs at Arbourview Park and restore the area’s biodiversity.
ALL WELCOME – STUDENTS EARN VOLUNTEER HOURS
Please REGISTER HERE to let us know you’re coming.
Here are some tips to have a great tree planting experience:
- Please be prompt – we’ll teach you how to plant trees at the beginning of the event.
- Come dressed for the weather and working in the dirt. We plant rain or shine! If it is sunny don’t forget sunscreen or a brimmed hat.
- Wear sturdy shoes – no sandals or flip-flops! We will have gloves on hand, but bring your favourite pair (labeled) if you like.
- Bring water in a reusable bottle.
- Bring a shovel (labeled) if you have one, but we have many to lend you if you don’t.
- Secondary students can earn volunteer hours at our events. Don’t forget your forms!
- Consider walking, cycling, carpooling, or taking the bus to our events.
- Watch our quick how to video and learn how to plant a tree!
Thank you to the Town of Oakville, the Ontario Trillium Foundation and the Oakville Community Foundation for supporting our tree planting initiatives.