- This event has passed.
Invasive Species Removal at Arbourview Park
May 5, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
Help us make Arbourview Park a little healthier by removing invasive species!
Invasive species reduce biodiversity and make it harder for native species to thrive. Bring the family and join us in removing those nasty invasives so we can plant new native trees here next month!
ALL WELCOME – STUDENTS EARN VOLUNTEER HOURS
Please REGISTER HERE to let us know you’re coming.
Here are some tips to have a great stewardship experience:
- Please be prompt – we’ll teach you how to identify and remove invasive species at the beginning of the event.
- Come dressed for the weather and working in the dirt. We work rain or shine! If it is sunny don’t forget sunscreen or a brimmed hat.
- Wear sturdy shoes – no sandals or flip-flops! We will have gloves on hand, but bring your favourite pair (labeled) if you like.
- Bring water in a reusable bottle.
- Secondary students can earn volunteer hours at our events. Don’t forget your forms!
- Consider walking, cycling, carpooling, or taking the bus to our events.
Thank you to the Town of Oakville, the Ontario Trillium Foundation and the Oakville Community Foundation for supporting our tree planting and stewardship initiatives.