Giving Tuesday is here! On this day millions of people come together to support and champion the causes they believe in and the communities in which they live.
At Oakvillegreen, we want to celebrate #GivingTuesday by turning it into #GivingTreesDay! Here are some ways you can give to the trees, and help us grow a greener Oakville.
- Become a member or donate to Oakvillegreen to support our education programs, tree planting and stewardship activities – this year your donations allowed us to engage over 6000 students in environmental education and stewardship, plant 2000 native trees, add another pollinator garden, and remove invasive species from our local woodlots
- Plant a tree in your backyard – sign up for the Oakville subsidized backyard tree planting program to receive an arborist consultation, a native tree, delivery and planting service for a subsidized price and give future generations the gift of a beautiful, health urban forest
- Teach kids about the value of nature – sign your teen up for our Youth Stewards program or tell your child’s teacher about our education programs for school and groups and give our future leaders the gift of environmental literacy and awareness
- Plan a rain garden! We can help! – you’ll be helping to keep our creeks clean, prevent flooding, and create beautiful habitat for butterflies and birds
- Volunteer at Oakvillegreen events – sign up for our e-newsletter to learn about our volunteer opportunities and give your time at one of our tree planting, invasive species removal, or pollinator events
If you want more ideas about how to give on #GivingTuesday, check out #OakvilleGives: https://givingtuesday.ca/partners/oakville-gives
We hope that you will consider giving what you can, and that you have a safe and happy holiday season!
Oakvillegreen Conservation Association